NEW GTA RULE #10.1– We now have a server-wide radio system that you can use to communicate with your friends. The use of discord to communicate in-character information will be considered metagaming going forward.
Last Edit: Oct 12, 2020
UNDERWORLD COMMUNITY RULES
Read all of the rules carefully. Claiming ignorance of these rules is not allowed and will result in punishment.
1 – Be respectful of others in the community; personal insults or verbal attacks outside of role-play (RP) are strictly prohibited!
2 – Any player caught harassing or bullying another player on the server, or outside of the server but in relation to their presence on the server, will be permanently removed and barred from the current and any future whitelists.
3 – Your first action in any disagreement should always be to try to RP it out. If that doesn’t work and you have a problem with another player, handle it privately, rather than having an open argument on the radio/in chat in the game or in a public forum like Discord. If the player has broken a rule, open a ticket in the #tickets channel on Discord.
4 – Speaking poorly of others on streams, in chats, or elsewhere will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with someone, submit a report. You are representing Underworld when you’re on our server.
5 – Do not message admins directly for general questions. We have a Discord where you can ask for assistance (#peer-support for IN-GAME HELP REQUESTS ONLY, and any of the general channels for general help). You MAY message admins for issues you’d like kept private, and for rule clarifications.
6 – If an admin contacts you to discuss a timeout, the ban will not be lifted (regardless of its initial duration) until you have spoken to the admin. If an admin contacts you to discuss a rule break and you do not acknowledge the message with a response, you may be timed out until you do so.
7 – When you applied to Underworld, you signed up with Discord as part of the process. It’s required that you edit your nickname on the Underworld Discord server to your “Current Character Name” so that it’s easier for people to contact you. Additionally, this will allow admins to find you quickly in the event a report is filed against you. If the admins are unable to contact you, we will have no other recourse than to take appropriate actions against you, as we will only have one side of the story. If your Steam name is the same as your character name, you must still follow this rule.
8 – You must stay in character at all times in the URP server. This means no going out-of-character (OOC) on the radio/in-game chats, as well. Message people on Steam, Discord, or other methods if you need to, but keep it all in-character (IC) when playing in Underworld.
9 – DO NOT broadcast music to the server using the internal VOIP unless agreed upon by all present parties
10 – Please ensure you acknowledge the Discord rules prior to joining the community server.
1 – Respect others at all times. Racism, hate speech, rape, and sexual harassment are not allowed.
2 – NO ERP on the server.
3 – Do not grief others. Griefing is the act of intentionally angering or irritating another player with malicious intent. Example: Consistently stalking a player to force RP.
4 – AGE REQUIREMENT: You must be 16+ unless approved otherwise by an Admin.
5 – No cop baiting. Value for your life/freedom and strive to not get caught in a crime. Jail/ Fines are not to be treated lightly. Any act that is done that can be reasonably deduced as an intention to receive LEO response or attention is classified as cop baiting.
Criteria of cop baiting infractions are listed below, but are not limited to:
- Returning to the scene of a crime more than 3 times in a 15 minute period
- Instigating an unrealistic scenario of trying to achieve a police response
- Driving illegally with the intention of police to pursue (committing traffic infringements while clearly in view of marked LEO)
- Shooting at, or drawing attention to, a specific area which will create a police response
- Driving through any police scene more than once
- Triggering bank/jewelry/any heist scenario and leaving without finishing the action
- Calling police to respond to a fake scenario with intentions of pursuit or kidnapping
- Circling any police station or hub more than 3 times within a 10 minute period (this can be averted by pulling over)
- Not fearing for the threat of an arrest if illegal activities have been done for the sole purpose of waiting for a police response
- Repeated acts of doing something that has been explicitly stated by LEO not to do
- Searching for conflict with LEO for the sole purpose of receiving a response, one can not claim to be “bored.”
Final discretion is up to the involved administrator whether or not a punishable action has occurred as cop baiting. If an admin deems the issue to be such, they may enforce this rule even if it is not listed above. Furthermore, any and all actions on this list are subject to change without prior notice and can be applied retroactively.
6 – Do not glitch any elements of the game or use exploits. If you fail to report any exploit or glitch, you can be held accountable if it is found out you were using it and didn’t report it.
7 –You must never go into a Green Zone* to avoid consequences or advertise “loitering parties.” There is zero tolerance for wasting server slots and looking to circumvent server rules.
8 – SERVER RESTARTS/CRASHES: You may not use a server restart or crash to gain advantage:
- You may not use a server restart or crash to escape an RP situation you were in before the restart/crash. You must wait for the other players to reconnect, and then continue the RP.
– Additional: The following list are all rule violations
- Vdm (vehicle deathmatch) – running someone over when your life is not directly in danger
- Rdm (random death match) – killing someone for no reason
- Revenge killing – killing a player because he killed you
- Escaping jail
- Combat logging – This includes (but is not limited to) the following, logging out while dead, logging out in an active RP scenario, & logging out to avoid police capture
- No scripting, hacking, 3rd party menus, or unapproved mods/trainers are allowed
- You are responsible for anything that happens on your account (keep your passwords secure)
- You cannot afk/macro any job or process on the server
- Medics are not allowed to be killed,taken hostage,or robbed, unless they provoke it
*Green zone is defined as the following – Green zones only cover menu’s (pulling out a car, getting a haircut, changing clothes, etc) and do not extend into the entire property where these menu’s are located. The only stable greenzone is the hospital.
9 – MICROPHONES AND CHAT: A microphone is required to play in URP. If your mic breaks, find a reason your character is suddenly mute (a sore throat is a good reason to not log in!) and exit the situation as gracefully as you can.
10 – External communication – The moment you begin active RP, you MUST mute or close your external VOIP connection. Cops are subject to relay everything they say in Local VOIP to external coms.
10.1 – Out of game RP chat (Discord/TS/Etc.) – We now have a server-wide radio system that you can use to communicate with your friends no matter physical proximity to one another (radio must be purchased in-store). The use of discord to communicate in-character information will be considered metagaming going forward.
Metagaming is the use of out-of-character (OOC) knowledge someone would have no in-character (IC) knowledge of. Stream sniping occurs when you have a player’s stream open and use the information you see there (whether to find, harass, spy on them, or otherwise interact).
11 – Stream sniping/stalking and metagaming IS NOT TOLERATED. Do not act on information obtained through any means other than direct RP:
- You must keep the information you have learned via watching streams and reading discussions separate from your character’s knowledge.
- You may not use in-game automated notifications (death messages and tribe/clan logs, etc.). Failure to comply with these rules will result in an immediate ban.
12 – RULESPLAINING – Do not explain the rules in character. “You’re not really valuing your life right now”, “I have a gun to your head, ahahahaha. This guy.”.There are better ways to handle this, “I’m gonna shoot you in the head if you keep moving”. Report people who break rules and people who don’t value their life – shoot them, then report them. Do not ruin your RP experience for people who break the rules – admins will sort them out.
VALUE OF LIFE
13 – You must value your life and the lives of others. For example, do not attempt to draw a weapon while being held at gunpoint or carelessly injure NPCs. You may not run at someone with a melee weapon if at gunpoint – you may only defend yourself at a realistic distance.
- You must value your life and the lives of others (not at the detriment of your own).
- If you have a gun to your head and you run away – this is a serious violation of this rule.
- You must comply with reasonable demands if your life is under threat – by weapons or numbers.
- There is a value of freedom – once physically attacked you have the right to defend yourself or run for safety.
- Furthermore, the value of freedom should be considered when fleeing from robberies, however there is a reasonable point where value of life trumps value of freedom. IE. Multiple officers with guns pointed on you and positioned around a car you are trying to steal, if you drive away and don’t surrender. You are not valuing your life.
Powergaming is the process of gaining an advantage in a RP scenario, either by using in-game mechanics or RP, to give the other players involved no opportunity to interact or defend themselves. It gives the other people involved in RP no option but to lose.
14 – Powergaming of any form is prohibited.
Examples include but are not limited to:
- Force Mutilation/Dismemberment – You must handshake any action that ends in dismemberment or grotesque mutilation. This can be done through /me attempts to sever their finger slowly or through a DM to the individual (Which is preferred). The individual must respond with an objection – it is their choice whether or not they consent or RP the consequences at a later date.
- Calling Shots – Do not call shots on a player, if you say you shot someone in the head that is attempted murder and the consequences are extremely severe even if in self defense. It shows intent to kill.
- Constantly speaking over players and not allowing them to speak or defend themselves.
- Robbing Players without giving them an opportunity to speak or defend themselves.
- Chain robbing players is not allowed
- Putting someone in a position and not allowing them to have a way out.
- Using a hostage to power game through game content. Heists/Robberies.
- Not using proper /me’s to notify nearby players something they should notice
- Sprinting/fighting as soon as you are revived by medics
- Talking/organizing while dead and not talking in game
15 – RDM (Random Death Match) is never allowed. Conflict must be initiated either verbally, through texts, tweets, or VPN.
16 – Tweets are to be the last resort for initiating conflict and only used when all other options have been exhausted.
17 – Gunfire that does not injure or down a player is not considered RDM. Example: Shooting at the ground in front of a Player’s feet to get their attention.
18 – Teleports (Enter/Exits) – cannot be camped. You must let people grab the nearest cover and have time to respond to any threat. You cannot mow someone down or kidnap someone at a load in point.
Amendment 1 – In an rp scenario, if you are already on scene, on the property, or in the immediate visible vicinity when a shootout starts, you don’t have to verbally initiate. However if you are arriving on scene after the fact you must make it known that you are “here” with a) visibly displaying gang colors, b) warning shots, or c) twitter (ex: “Coming to help my boy red”). However this doesn’t mean you can pull up out of nowhere and “vdm gang” them 1 by 1, your life must be in immediate danger, i.e. the other party shoots first at you, or you arrive next to your friend who is getting shot at.
Proper initiation is required when shooting – This means you must say more than a few words before shooting someone
- Example “fuck ballas” is not enough to shoot someone
- There are instances with police interaction where there may need to be exceptions to this rule, however it should be taken on a case by case basis and use your best judgement
GROUP / GANG CONFLICT
19- Please see subsection Rules: Gangs
20 – Do not continually hit the same group over and over again. This can be considered power gaming. Slow burn the story.
21 – You must have a reason for group conflict – there needs to be an option for the other group to get out of the conflict. A reasonable amount of money for tax, territory etc… Ordering a group to fold or completely cease operations is power gaming if pushed.
Drug locations are “red zones” or hot zones. If it is established that a fight is going to start, and you don’t want to be involved, leave. If you die in a location you are not allowed to return for 30 minutes. Within redzones, you must wear your gang colors, if you are not fully colored you should not be participating.
Admin mediation is available if needed for degrading group conflict scenarios.
These must be followed for any robberies, as the culprit or responding officer.
22 – PD must immediately identify themselves when arriving on the scene and attempt verbal communication before firing their weapon.
- Criminals MUST be in the immediate area for this to apply to them.
- Police and Criminals must be set to Shout. (This is the RED option in F11).
This is in effect from the moment the Robbery/Heist is started until either
- The Criminals involved are arrested and/or
- The Criminals involved escape.
23 – PD and Criminals are allowed to return fire with the intent to injure/put down once they have established verbal communication.
- Criminals and PD must be given an opportunity to take cover if loading in an entry point before firing. Example: Police take the elevator in FIB – the criminals must not camp the load in point. They may not fire suppressive rounds until they’ve been given the chance to get cover.
- Do NOT attempt to pull out a weapon, raise your weapon, or shoot if a Player has you at gunpoint. Example: Criminal runs out of Store, weapon in hand, into a PD Officer who has his gun pointed at him. At this point, the Criminal is NOT allowed to raise his weapon and attempt to shoot because it is not valuing life.
24 – DO NOT log out in the middle of combat, i.e. combat logging.
25 – Do not go to the barbershop or use /register with the intent to drastically change your appearance if wanted by PD. Examples of what is NOT allowed: Changing your facial structure, skin color, etc. Examples of what IS allowed: Dyeing hair, putting on a painted mask, shaving beard off, changing hair style, etc.
26 – You cannot knowingly coordinate heists to start at the same time. Give at least 10 minutes between completion of heists. (This meta is terribly unfair to police)
27 – Stores, banks, and the jewelry store are all considered hostile robberies. If robbing these locations you SHOULD expect a gunfight. If trying to run with a weapon – police may use force. If trying to escape in a vehicle – police may use force. It should be expected that the police will breach these locations.
28 – Do not park vehicles inside of a heist building with the intent of escaping through the doors – this is unrealistic. (IE. Motorcycle in a store robbery.)
Robbery Limit – The robbery limit of a player is 50k total, meaning if you or a group robs a player, the maximum amount that can be taken is 50k in items and money. This includes scams and similar acts. The cooldown for this is 24 hours, however you should not target a player like this for no reason.
NEW LIFE RULE
Please read this rule carefully. It is different from other servers.
Incapacitated – Meaning that you see the text to call an Ambulance or click E to respawn. You are downed.
DOA – This means you have chosen to be dead on arrival and will serve max time in the Hospital. This may only be done twice a week.
29 – If you are incapacitated you MUST NOT remember key details about anyone that was involved in your incapacitation in the situations directly preceding that. There is no time requirement on this, this rule includes up to the point you were lured, captured or brought to the point of your incapacitation.
- You may remember small details – make/model/color of the vehicle that drove you.
- You can remember the why and how – what the reason was and where it was done, but not who did it. IE. Steve Reeker killed you for snitching on him about stealing Khloe Leaves cookie and he then threw you off the dam. You remember someone threw you off the dam for snitching. –
- You can remember what someone was wearing, their build and gender, if applicable.
30 – If DOA you do not remember anything leading up to your death.
31 – If killed from explosions or falling from great heights. Players can be revived by EMS or friends but must not remember anything leading up to your death.
32 – The downed player must speak or emote to EMS/PD to indicate they want to be revived or DOA. Example “/me no pulse” tells PD/EMS to not revive and “/me weak pulse” tells PD to revive them.
This applies to PD, but they are NOT required to RP a limp or severe trauma that causes them to go off duty unless they choose to. This means higher-ranked PD officers cannot force others to go off duty due to injury
33 – The LSPD & BCSO can charge/arrest Players for crimes committed before they got revived.
- CRIMINALS This means you cannot respawn and claim memory loss to keep PD from charging you with crimes. Get creative: Use masks, different voices, different outfits, different vehicles, change your license plates, etc. if you want to conceal your identity and not have a paper trail lead back to you.
- CRIMINALS & Police Once you die in an active scene, you cannot return to the scene at all, for any reason
Examples of what is NOT allowed:
- Respawn and then immediately drive a car to pick up your wanted friend who you just attempted to rob the bank with
- EMS revives Officer who then immediately starts chasing the Criminal(s) who escaped a Robbery.
34 – If you want to claim having a bomb vest or having an explosive please have an explosive to show this. There needs to be counter play for the other side.
35 – You may take hostages at the scene for robberies – but cheesing hostages (making job calls or abducting random people at Green Zones) for the sake of winning a heist is against the rules.
- The only exception to this is if a hostage scenario is providing a story – meaning you are RPing out a full scenario with them and it’s a part of a larger RP.
- You are strictly forbidden from using friends or fake hostages. This is a minimum 72 hour ban.
Also it is worth noting – if you are unreasonable with hostages the police WILL BREACH AND SHOOT YOU. They have an obligation at a certain point to save the hostages life when it feels like criminals are being unreasonable and that their life is in danger – if you try to leave with a hostage from a scene you are likely to be met with force due to this.
36 – Do not speak If your injuries would cause you to be unconscious. Wait until EMS arrives to emote (/me) your injuries.
37 – Logging out while down and waiting for EMS is prohibited.
38 – Do not call “headshots” or say what another character’s injuries are.
39 – Use discretion with accidental death or knockouts.
40 – PD can say they were hit in their Body Armor when downed in gunfights (regardless of where shot or how many times shot), so that they can stay on duty to keep all server content open.
All business workers while on the job are required to follow the criteria below:
41 – You must wear your business’s uniform or clothing
42 – You must not wear a mask while on the job
43 – You must not carry an illegal firearm on your person while on the job
44 – You cannot shoot customers you don’t like, keep your job and private life separate
45 – No major criminal activity should take place while you’re on the job, again keep your private life and professional life separate.
This will make it also better for people to recognize who works for a certain business and who is on the job.
Lets say a PDM worker is not selling vehicles, you don’t have to obey these criteria, unless it’s a company rule.
46 – Multi-character MetaGaming – Do not use any weapon or armour you are not supposed to have on a certain character, and do not transfer items/vehicles/etc over to another character to escape jail time, debt, other characters, etc, without first getting an admin’s approval.
47 – Bug report tickets – Located in the #bug-report channel in our Discord, these tickets should be used to report server bugs, glitches, exploits, or anything that would directly require a director &/or developer.
48 – Administrative punishment – All things requiring an administrative punishment or action will follow a simple format – Staff and Director’s reserve the right to override the following format and make adjustments when necessary.
- On the first incident – Warning (verbal/written)
- Second Incident – Kick
- Third Incident – Temp Ban (1-14 days)
- Fourth Incident – Permanent ban
NOTE: These punishments are subjected to the discretion on part of the administrative team. These punishments protocols are simply guidelines for standard punishments. Administration and staff always have the final input/command.
49 – Other communities – Players are allowed to play or be a member of any community they would like, however, advertising or inviting discord or server members to another RP server/community is strictly forbidden. All chat involving other “cities”/servers may not take place within RP.
General comments from the team – Regarding reports, you can suggest and ask for other opinions, but do not try to dictate how a situation should be handled from an administrative perspective. When filing a report on another player, please provide as much proof as possible (we highly suggest recording gameplay) as well as all relevant and necessary information. We do not act on one side alone and the whole situation will be investigated to the best of our ability.
1 – When submitting a ticket, please make sure you have proper evidence to back the claim you are making. We ask that if you are reporting failrp, rdm, vdm, etc, that you have video evidence with audio. We recommend some of the following recording programs are set up to be able to easier assist you (Medal.TV, OBS Streamlabs, OBS, ShadowPlay, or any other viable solution).
2 – We reserve the right to not share the administrative punishment taken against a player you’ve reported with you, you do not have the right to know what happens to them.
3 – Any ticket a player opens that does not receive a response within 24 hours will be closed out –
4 – Reimbursements – When you are opening a ticket for reimbursements due to crashing, YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR CRASH LOGFILE (NO THIS IS NOT JUST A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR CRASH CODE). Carefully lined out instructions below will show you what you need to do.
4.1 Simply posting a screenshot like below will NOT suffice for refund purposes. More information is needed regarding these claims.
The admins have the final say in any situation, and all rules are subject to change without prior notice. Additionally, admins may decide to take action over something not listed here. When the admins review a situation, more than one opinion is usually used. By playing on Underworld RP servers or joining the network channels (Discord/Forums/Etc.), you agree to these terms and rules. These infractions can result in anything from a non-public record notation, to a permanent ban from all of our network channels and servers. Underworld RP is the digital property of its respected owner, and playing or connecting to our services is a privilege. Permanent bans will result in permanent loss of any donation “gifts.” For more information on this subject, please see our webstore. The server owners (Bobert#1900 / BOSS KONG#2206 – Discord) will have the final say in any decision made.